Click HERE to register!
Fishing is a huge part of life here in Hawai‘i, but our resources are limited. Many of us want to do it right but it’s not always easy to know what the rules are – or we see someone not following the rules. Join us, along with representatives from DOCARE, as we offer our Spring Makai Watch training and information session on:
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020. 5pm-7pm
5:00PM-7:00PM VIA ZOOM
We’ll go over the rules specific to the Pūpūkea Marine Life Conservation District and rules pertaining to regulated species, sizes, limits, and gear for the rest of our shorelines. This is an informational session. You will be able to ask questions and speak with Makai Watch and DOCARE representatives. What is Lawai‘a Pono? Why do sizes and seasons matter? What do you do if you see someone fishing illegally? What don’t you do? Come learn how you can help protect our fragile near-shore resources!
JOIN US TO LEARN MORE ABOUT:
- CURRENT FISHING RULES & REGULATIONS
- SEASONS, SIZES,BAG LIMITS, GEAR RESTRICTIONS
- FISHING AREAS, PROTECTED AREAS, NO TAKE ZONES
- HOW TO ACCURATELY IDENTIFY & REPORT RESOURCE VIOLATIONS
- LAWAI‘A PONO – TRADITIONAL ETHICAL PRACTICES TO ENSURE ABUNDANCE
- HOW YOU CAN KŌKUA