Working to replenish and sustain the natural and cultural resources of the Pūpūkea and Waimea ahupua‘a for present and future generations through active community stewardship, education, and partnerships.
- To document, report, and reduce poaching.
- To increase the knowledge of and support for the ecological values, rules, traditional and cultural importance, and user impacts on the Pūpūkea and Waimea ahupua‘a—focusing on the MLCD—among the community, youth, visitors, and users.
- To discover what the pollution threats are, if any, and then create a plan to address them.
- To create a system of sustainable financial and institutional mechanisms that will support the activities of the Mālama Pūpūkea-Waimea in the long term.
- To protect and strengthen the laws and policies that created the MLCD and that support Hawai‘i marine managed areas.